"I would like to pass on my personal thanks to past Chair Frank Straetmans and hope to build on his achievements through 2019. Under my Chairmanship the board will be introducing a fresh, more open platform to give clearer public awareness of retailer complaints and the management of them”.
Tel: 0843 289 3967
Press Distribution Forum Ltd
53 Stone Street
Copy Right All Rights Reserved -
Designed by Newsco Software
0843 289 3967
Press Distribution Forum
You are here:
THE TRUE VALUE OF HND...
Magazines and newspapers face challenges like all businesses but did you know 1.8 million households have a newspaper or magazine delivered?
That’s GUARANTEED sales which are
so difficult to achieve.
By providing a home news delivery (HND) service you are increasing your chances of increasing your profits!
There are many steps you can take to develop your sales and this guide is intended to assist you with it.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU...
Newspaper/magazine publishers and the National Federation of Retail Newsagents (NFRN) offer comprehensive support through publisher in-
The first thing to do is contact your wholesaler to
a) make sure they are aware you carry out a HND service;
b) clarify your Required Delivery Time (RDT).
Just Ask is a recognised brand operated by the PPA to promote Shop Save and Home News Delivery.
We want to help you to:
- Promote loyalty
- Increase customer orders
- Increase the range of titles
Display the Point of Sale material in-
And, don't forget to talk to your customers to encourage them to sign-
WHAT ABOUT SHOP SAVE?
We know you can't stock every magazine but you can access 3,000 titles directly from your wholesaler. So, have you considered running a Shop Save service for your customers?
Customers have an average of five different shops they can pick their favourite newspapers and magazines from. If you sign them up to Shop Save, you will keep their custom for every single issue of the year!
SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT?
- Ask customers to complete an order form and collect a deposit
- Place the order with your wholesaler and confirm to the customer when the first issue will arrive
- TIP: To help protect your supply, notify your wholesaler it’s a reserved copy
- Record customer order, name, address and contact details as a Shop Save account
- Record order transaction and payment transactions
- Note holidays or circumstances where collection may be affected
- Book in magazine and cross ref to the Shop Save account
- Place copy in Shop Save filing system
- Check status of uncollected copies
- Remember to check your filing system when referencing your recall note. Bear in mind your T&Cs and decide what action to take
- TIP 1: How about texting your customer when their order arrives?
- TIP 2: EPoS systems can save time and help you manage your accounts. Contact your wholesaler or the NFRN for advice.
BE A MASTER AT MARKETING
- Display PoS material in your shop window and around your store to advertise your HND service.
- Flag details of your HND service on your website or any directory listings.
- Talk to your regular customers, ask what their interests are, what magazines or newspapers they buy and if they want them delivered direct to their home.
- Incentivise your HND staff to deliver leaflets on their rounds.
- Produce leaflets to target local businesses, new housing developments or houses with a ‘sold’ sign. Follow up with personal visits to ask if they would like to take advantage of your delivery service.
- Offer price promotions: eg free delivery for the first four weeks; friends and family schemes; introduce a friend and get £X discount for X weeks. It encourages customers to trial your services.
- Allow sufficient time before starting orders to order copy from wholesale.
- PROMOTE! PROMOTE! PROMOTE!
WHO SHOULD YOU TALK WITH?
Trinity Mirror -
020 7293 3698
Telegraph Media Group -
020 7291 2914
Guardian Media Group -
News UK -
DMG (Daily Mail) -